My client, a large independant buying group are looking to recruit a Web Designer to be based at their offices in Shirley. You will assist in the development and delivery of web initiatives across the member and consumer-facing websites, intranet and social networking platforms.
This role requires a natural vision for digital delivery, setting high standards for all work produced. Excellent communication skills are a pre-requisite of this role as is a passion for delivering service excellence and ensuring deadlines are met.
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate a flexible and organised approach to their role, including the ability to work on several projects at the same time and attention to detail. This role would suit someone who enjoys working within a small team that shares knowledge and skills openly.
Main duties will include:
- Assisting with designing, developing and maintaining the internal, member and consumer-facing CMS driven websites, including optimising the user experience and developing engaging content as directed by the Corporate Web Manager.
- Assisting with designing and maintaining members’ websites, email and social media campaigns.
- Work closely with internal teams to develop engaging digital content.
- Work closely with the marketing team to produce online material (including web banners, email campaigns, websites, photography and videos ) which reflect the offline design output being used for marketing campaigns.
- Monitor the effectiveness of online activity and web initiatives.
- Provide training and support to internal staff in the use of new developments and applications utilising CMS platforms and conveying functionality in non-technical terms.
Skills and Experience:
Experience in producing and signing off large website projects from the ground up
Strong technical skills and experience in the following:
o Using open source CMS solutions Joomla and WordPress
o Responsive/Mobile web development
o Using a range of tools incl. Adobe Creative Suite
o SEO/Google Analytics/Google Adwords/Google Search Console
Experience and confidence in the following:
o Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Google+/Social Media/Blogs
o Mailchimp for the purpose of email Marketing
o Video and photography shooting and editing
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- A confident and effective communicator with exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Demonstrable ability to engage and train staff and build strong relationships
- IT skills with particular emphasis on MS Office packages
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively and work well under pressure
- Flexible and organised with the ability to work on several projects at the same time
- A flexible team player able to respond to changing priorities within a small team that shares knowledge and skills openly
- Focused on hitting deadlines and delivering excellence
- Ability to learn and understand new systems quickly
- A natural vision for digital delivery, setting high standards for all work produced
Please contact us ASAP if you have the skills required for these positions.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.