We are currently recruiting for an experienced Finance Manager to work for a leading higher education establishment based in Birmingham. The Finance Manager will take full responsibility for all financial controls across the department, as well as act as a central point of contact for multiple stakeholders.
We are looking for a competent Finance Manager who will be responsible for performing a wide range of finance duties. The role would suit a candidate who enjoys working with autonomy and can liaise and provide detailed financial reports to the Senior Management Team.
Main Duties of the Finance Manager include:
- Completing all month end and year end processes as required
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Producing financial accounts and reports
- Monitoring departmental budgets
- Draw together financial reports and analyse variances
- Implement and monitor all accounting systems and department processes and policies
- Ensuring the timely production of financial and management information
- Producing VAT returns and year-end financial statements
- Managing, coaching and mentoring members of the finance team
- Creating a robust financial strategy for short term and long term organisational growth
To be considered for the role of the Finance Manager you will have:
- A recognised accountancy qualification (ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- Previous experience of working in a varied accounting/finance position
- Experience of managing employees
- The ability to meet agreed targets and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively with finance and non-finance staff
The school offer a competitive salary of £40,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package including; defined contribution pension, free parking and flexible working arrangements.
The school will consider applications from candidates looking for full time employment or term time hours only.
Please contact us ASAP if you have the skills required for these positions.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to apply for this vacancy. If you are not selected for this particular position, your CV will be kept on file and you may be contacted for other suitable roles in the future.
Submit Your Application
Please Note: All fields marked with * are required. If you would like to apply for this position but are unable to complete a required field for any reason, please call us on 0121 705 0077.