NHS Jobs Birmingham & Warwickshire
SUPPLY OF STAFF TO THE NHS
On 1st November 2016 Kate+Co were awarded the Total Workforce Solution Framework agreement to supply None-Medical/None-Clinical (NMNC) AND Executive staff to the NHS.
Under this award we have been approved to supply National Temporary Workers and/or Fixed Term Contract and permanent candidates to the NHS as well as any other staff that could reasonably be described as providing Support Services in alignment with the NHS Employers Job Profiles, Beneficiary requirements and industry best practice.
We also supply sufficiently experienced and qualified Very Senior Managers and Executive Staff who have been recruited through a ‘Search and Select Headhunting’ recruitment model.
Audit and Compliance:
We are also pleased to announce that following the mandatory audit that we undertook in order to supply staff. Kate+Co achieved the highest scoring possible achieving the coveted DIAMOND standard. This ensures that all staff supplied to the NHS will be vetted to the highest compliance standard.
We ensure that all staff have met the following criteria:
- Full DBS in place carried out and in place for all workers standard or enhanced depending on requirement
- All checks are carried out in the name of our own legal entity
- Declaration of all current/past convictions
- Address history covering 5 years and three proofs of ID
- We conduct rechecks annually and if there is a gap of 3+ months between assignments. If candidates subscribe to the DBS Update Service, we obtain their original Certificate and a signed, dated declaration confirming we can carry out an online status check
- We maintain a record of the date this check was conducted and confirm it did not reveal any negative findings. Our IT systems are updated with details of the DBS and the full report is shared with the client prior to placement wherever possible
- All candidates will be fully trained in all NHS mandatory training and hold certificates at no cost to the NHS
- We obtain at least 2 satisfactory written references from previous employers to cover a minimum of 3 years with no unexplained gaps of more than 2 weeks.
All temporary workers being supplied to the NHS on the HTE framework will complete mandatory training with subsequent refreshers in line with the Skills for Health Framework. As all of our staff are “non-medical non clinical”, we focus on the following training:
Temporary Worker Training
- Equality, Diversity and Human Rights refreshed every 3 years and provided to all staff.
- Health, Safety and Welfare (including fire safety, moving & handling and lone worker) refreshed every 3 years and provided to all staff
- NHS Conflict Resolution for frontline staff and professionals refreshed every 3 years and provided to staff whose work brings them into contact with members of the public. In addition to mandatory training, Kate+Co also provides confidential guidance and advice in person and over the phone and as when required and will manage the process in line with HTE Service Level Agreement
- Infection Prevention and Control refreshed every 3 years and provided to all staff
- Preventing radicalisation – Level 2 refreshed every 3 years and provided to all staff who have contact with adults, children and young people, or parents/carers
- Safeguarding adults and children Level 1 or 2 (depending on exposure to vulnerable groups), refreshed every 3 years
- Data protection and Information Governance refreshed annually and provided to staff who are involved in routine access to information.
We also provide training on complaints handling and counter fraud as appropriate.